In 2016 parents were asked to provide comments that could be added to the new prospectus.
Since A started at Lakeside it's been progress, progress and more progress. Through intensive interaction he is now learning to copy words and actions. His teachers of course are amazing people. They listen to me, take in any worries and concerns I may have. They treat each child as individuals, focusing on their strengths. I am completely and totally happy with this school.
His class is a small class of children of about the same age. There are more adults in his class than children I always say and to me that just means that the children get the attention that they need. His teachers of course are amazing people. They listen to me, take in any worries and concerns I may have. I am told about his day everyday through the use of a Home / School book. His teachers never look tired. They treat each child as individuals focusing on their strengths and helping to improve on weak parts if any. I am completely and totally happy with this school. The Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher are genuine and wonderful. I see them nearly everyday dealing with children, always full of smiles. I could go on and on. Thank you Lakeside School for the excellent work you are doing for all our children.
C and ourselves were welcomed to Lakeside in September 2014 by the amazing staff and pupils . He settled in very quickly and made lots of new friends . C has been lucky to be invited on two residential trips one to Estonia and one to Belgium which he absolutely loved. I believe that this helped with his confidence and self esteem.
Sending our non verbal, vulnerable boy to school was one of the scariest things that we as parents have done. But seeing him happy and excited to go to school and knowing he was in a safe and enriching environment with people who genuinely care about his needs, made it all so much easier. As a family we all adore Lakeside, we've made lifelong friends and could not dream of a better place for our gorgeous boy.
Lakeside is a small, friendly school that's been enormously nurturing and welcoming to our son T. He can be a very anxious boy, but every year we see him grow in confidence thanks to the wonderfully dedicated and knowledgeable staff and head teacher. We are keen for T to achieve independence and, while it's a slow road, we have never doubted that his placement at Lakeside is bringing that goal a little closer.
My son has been at Lakeside for 15 years and I can honestly say I do not think he would be where he is today without their help and guidance. The staffs understanding of his condition and their patience is remarkable. You couldn’t wish for a better school and environment for your child.
N has benefitted enormously from the curriculum he follows at Lakeside. The school has tailor made his education to suit his needs, under which he has flourished. Cannot recommend highly enough.
Lakeside school is a very warm and welcoming place. C loves her school and has so many friends within school not just pupils but staff too. The school always ensure C has the opportunity to achieve as much as is possible for her. This in C's case has been giving her regular access to eye gaze technology and helping us to apply for her own system, which will open up her world!
As a parent who feels excluded from the rest of the outside world Lakeside is my sanctuary. Any problems we are experiencing I feel I can raise without judgement or prejudice and Lakeside school makes us as a family feel included. My son has made some amazing progress at school and given us inspiration for further education and interests.
Lakeside is perfect for J, his progress there has been way beyond what we had hoped for, especially mobility wise. He is happy there, has friends and is safe and well looked after. When you go into the school there is always a lovely feel to the place which is one of the first things I noticed when I went to look round the school before he started. So pleased I chose Lakeside for him , fits him perfectly
One of the most important decisions a parent with a special needs child will make is what school they choose. Lakeside school is a warm and caring yet stimulating environment. All children are valued whatever their disability and are inclusive and involved in a wide range of activities/events . The school is well run with the most dynamic headteacher any parent could wish for and her ethos cascades throughout the whole school staff. All staff are ready to listen, eager to develop each child's potential and happy to support parents in times of need. I chose Lakeside because it felt like a home from home scenario for my daughter and I can honestly say that after 8 years, it still is and she is well cared for and even loved.
- Thank you for all your help with X
- Love Love Love Lakeside School. I believe my child would not be as high functioning had he attended a different school. Thank you for all your hard work
- Never had any complaints or problems
- We think Lakeside School is an amazing school. Not only are the children cared for to an excellent standard but the parents are too. Without the support we have received as a family I wouldn’t like to think about the situation we would be in. Thank you.
- I am very happy with all aspects of my child’s care, education and medical support she receives at Lakeside. Any problems are supported and dealt with promptly. Many on the spot. I am very lucky that xx was lucky to be offered a place at Lakeside due to the hard work and perseverance of a certain headteacher.
- Very happy with our son’s progress so far.
- Absolutely brilliant school
- I am very pleased with my child’s progress and the support we get as parents to help us sort our child at home. Communication is excellent from all school departments that work with our child. We also had the opportunity to be invited to spend time in class to see how the teachers work with her. The school is very consultative when they want to introduce new processes or make changes.
- We love the school as a whole family. Everyone from cleaning staff to the headteacher are warm and welcoming and all of them have a great fondness and aspirations for each and every child.
- Always happy and helpful, caring and understanding. Our child is at home at Lakeside.
- The school is excellent. I have no concerns at all – he loves it so much he hates home time.
- Very good school my son is happy here.
- The school always have or take time to offer support whenever the need has arisen and offer assistance in finding solutions to any challenges we may have.
- Fantastic school and very proud one of my children attends.
- Fantastic school and teachers – no room for improvement
- A school wholly committed to the needs of the children
- I love how welcoming the school is. I love how when I come in I hear all the positive and wonderful things XX has done. School is so accommodating. I love how I am allowed to swim with my child.
Could the home school book be used more often in the week.
While I find newsletters useful I often miss them.
When I mention things to the class teacher it can take a while before all staff are following the changes I asked for. It needs to be passed on more quickly and effectively.
The Ofsted Parentview survey results for 2015
The survey results have been published on the Ostfed Parentview website. Click here to view.
We conducted a survey of parents in 2012. These are the comments that were added to some of the surveys. These are the views that matter most to us as a school. There were no negative comments.
"Lakeside is everything you would want for in a school. Lakeside is like a family who care for each other. I wouldn't change anything about the school. Just seeing how quick a child's progress improves in a short time. First class school."
"My son loves coming to Lakeside. The staff are the school's best asset. It is a very welcoming environment."
"Lakeside is a fantastic school and the children are lucky to have such a strong supportive team behind them."
"Excellent school in every way."
"Fabulous school, our child is very happy. Just keep up the good work everyone - pupils and staff."
"Lakeside is an exemplary school. All the staff are welcoming and helpful all the time and the children are happy, stimulated and safe. The perfect environment."
"My son is extremely happy there and I never have an issue getting him to school."
"My child has always enjoyed Lakeside and we have felt confident and comfortable with him attending."
"Excellent school all round. Very supportive to parents."
"My daughter is very happy at school and seems to do a wide variety of interesting things. They are able to be flexible which means her specific needs can be met. We are very happy with the school."
"We are very happy with Lakeside, we always feel welcome, the staff are amazing and our daughter is happy, well cared for and safe. We couldn't ask for more from a school."
"My child is always very happy to go to Lakeside School. She appears to feel very safe and secure. We feel that Lakeside is a lovely school that looks after our child whilst also challenging her appropriately."
"I have never had to complain. XX is very happy and so are we as her parents and family."
"I do feel that every child’s needs are paramount to the school and if changes are needed that is put in place. If a child is off we don’t always get letters particularly if off for a long period, so can miss out on some information."
"I am so pleased that xx has come back to Lakeside to finish his education. The staff and Head are fantastic. XX is very happy there"
"Thank you very much."
"Excellent school in every way."